Saturday 10 October 2020

2020... As we know it.

Posted by Juli Anne at October 10, 2020

 Hi mom,

I didn't mean to not write to you for so long. It's almost been a year. Your birthday is coming up, so before I forget, Happy Birthday!

There's so much to update you and I don't even know where to start.

BB got diagnosed with ASD late last year. It was hard to get a support team together to help her but she is developing really well now. I can definitely see the improvements she's making and it's just so nice to see that she is able to play with other kids of her age.

I really wish we had more time to spend with Mui to help her catch up, but according to Hanson, she's counting earlier than BB was. Hanson recently brought Mui to see the speech language pathologist and she doesn't seem too concerned with her speech. Although sometimes she's still hard to make out what she is saying.

Hanson recently got shingles, so that was awful. Luckily that's done and over with now. However, over the last couple of days, he noticed the lymph nodes in his neck growing a bit. I hope it's nothing, but he went to see the doctor and got some blood tests done this morning. Fingers crossed that it's nothing.

Overall, you might not know, but the whole world has been on lock down since March because of the Coronavirus pandemic. We had to cancel our Disneyland trip that we had planned back in May. It seems so petty to be sad about that, but I would really like to take the kids to Disneyland before they grow out of their princess phase.

BB started Kindergarten last month. 

The first day of school was tough. It was only 1 hour of class and it took 20 minutes to convince her to go inside. We had a talk about it when we got home and she wasn't as scared the next day.

She was so good the following day because she just went in there after giving me a big hug and said bye. When I picked her up an hour later, she asked me where we were going. When I said that we were going back home, she said that she didn't want to go home, but she wanted to go back to school. It seems like she really enjoys it.

Third day was a bit tougher. She coughed once in class and the teacher sent her to the principal's office thinking that she might be sick. But really I think she just had to clear her throat. They called me to get her picked up early, but because we established that she wasn't really sick, I was hoping that she could return to class. But of course, as soon as she saw me, she thought it was time to go home and so I just end up taking her home early. 

That same day, we got a phone call from Mui's daycare and said that she had a "fever of 37.5C". Thirty-seven point five?! That's not a fever. We had some talk regarding that , but because that was the daycare's policy, we had to bring Mui back home and keep her home for the rest of the week.

It's been a really strange year and everyone is getting really paranoid, which I can understand, but it's also hard because we always have to be on standby to pickup the kids if they cough or have a runny nose in class.

BB's a really smart kid and I'm not worried about her academics. I asked her what she learned recently in Kindergarten and she said "phonics". I remember phonics that was fun. 

Mui is very independent and strong-willed as we know it. You tell her not to do something, she does it anyway. While it can be good, I'm scared that she might end up on the streets one day because she's secretly defiant.

I've been crocheting lots and I'm sure you've been keeping up with all that I've been making. I miss you lots and think about you often. I'm sorry I haven't written in such a long time.

With the Pandemic that's been happening, we're just living it day by day.

Please come visit soon. I miss you very much.

Love,

Juli

Blog Archive

 

Dear Mommy Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review