Thursday 14 October 2021

Happy Birthday 2021

Posted by Juli Anne at October 14, 2021

 Happy Birthday mom!

I bought you some flowers that I will be bringing to you this weekend. They were still bulbs of lilies when I got them on Thanksgiving Day, but I see them blooming in my kitchen already.

There's so much that has happened in just the last few months (not even the year).

I started a new job doing computer work again (of all things). It's been about a month or so since I've started, but I still have no idea what I'm doing. An old friend of mine named Chris happens to be on the same team. He started about 2 months before I did and also doesn't seem to have a clue what's going on. So that kind of made me feel better.

So many people have come and gone from this role before and they manage to do the job... I hope I can figure it out too.

There's more to this too: we bought a new house!

We love this condo very much, and it's hard to say goodbye. But I think with 4 people living in 700+ sqft. We've maximized whatever we've got in terms of storage. We'd like a place that the kids can play and have space for a desk one day when they need to start doing homework.

We couldn't afford a house-house in Vancouver. So we got a townhouse. The strata fees are insanely expensive. We hope it will come down one day? I don't know if that's realistic. Some days I still have doubts about whether we made the right decision, but there aren't that many options if we want to keep Hailey in the same school.

With the amount that we paid for the townhouse, we probably could have bought a grungy detached home on the east side. But I think our main goal was to keep Hailey at the same school.

Hailey seems to be doing well and making friends at school. I still worry about her though. I hear that she likes to play alone sometimes, but she seems to be happy playing alone without anyone else. I just hope she doesn't get bullied or anything.

Tracy seems to have developed this whole new level of anxiety. Dropping her off at daycare has been just heartbreaking all the time. I hope she grows out of it... eventually.

Anyway, I gotta get back to staring at my screen and not knowing what to do for work.

Wish me good luck! 

Juli


Blog Archive

 

Dear Mommy Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review